Garcon: A haircut for brave women
Short women’s haircuts “under the boy” do not lose their relevance from the moment of appearance – for about a century. As paradoxical as it may sound, but they give the image of their owner a significant note of refinement and sensuality, focusing on her femininity. All this applies to the popular haircut garson, which will be discussed below.
Originally, short hairstyles were the prerogative of men, but everything changed in the 20s of the twentieth century. At this time, Victor Margherita’s novel “LaGarçone” comes out. The image of the main character, who wore boyish hair (and translated from French garson means “boy”), went against the generally accepted notion of a woman.
This made him particularly popular among progressive French youth, so many girls gave up long and medium hair in favor of short hairstyles.
Choice of Celebrity
The advantages of the garson were appreciated by many stars of film and show business. Among them are Natalie Portman, Audrey Toto, Victoria Beckham, Emma Watson, Rihanna, Winona Ryder, Carrie Mulligan, Anne Hathaway, Jennifer Lawrence.
What’s a haircut like
Garçon is a short haircut, performed by the “strand to strand” technique by means of external graduation. The hairstyle has soft but clear lines, which are obtained by a small branching.
Depending on the type of hairstyle, the front, side and back of the hairstyle may vary. Whichever garçon you choose, it is characterized by the minimum length of hair in the lower occipital area and the volume in the upper occipital area.
- Emphasizes femininity.
- Can be dried and laid out in minutes.
- Saving on laying materials.
- Many ways of laying.
- With the right installation, the haircut looks more voluminous.
- Visually youthful.
- Suitable for all ages.
- It fits most of the images: from strict to frivolous and romantic.
- The need for frequent correction.
- To the face of not everyone. For example, a garson is not suitable for the owner of a big nose, protruding ears, short full neck.
- Despite the visual simplicity of the haircut, the technique of its execution is quite complicated.
Differences from other hairstyles
Haircuts are often confused with pixies, pags and gavroshes. In fact, they all differ significantly from each other in shape and length. Garcon has clear contours and rounded lines, so it follows the shape of the head. Pixies and gavroche are characterized by the absence of strict contours and the presence of a strong branching. As for the length, the pixies and garsons are short, and the pitch and midsection can be somewhat elongated.
Who fits a haircut
Before you make a garson, evaluate the structure of your hair:
- Straight hair fits perfectly.
- Wavy strands look cute and playful (Audrey Totu’s haircut proves it). Their owners should give preference to an extended garson and avoid very short ones.
- Raging curls do not look with a haircut garson, as the hair becomes like dandelion.
- Fine and liquid hair is well suited to create this haircut, as it visually adds volume to the neck area.
- If the strands are hard and thick, it is advisable not to use ultra-short strands, as they can stick out with a hedgehog. Preference should be given to the classic.
Take into account the shape of your face:
- Oval facial features are combined with any variant of haircut.
- To balance the features of a round face, choose an asymmetrical haircut with a slanting bangs. Under the ban falls shortened without a bangs.
- For a square and rectangular face is suitable variant with oblique bangs or oblique sampling. Shortened hairstyles will have to be abandoned.
- If you have a triangular shape of the face or heart, choose a long gurasson with a long bangs – oblique or straight.
- Hide the high forehead with a long, thick bangs.
- You can also accentuate your cheekbones with a long haircut.
Short haircut is an effective solution for women who are not afraid to conduct bold experiments with their appearance. Thanks to a wide range of styling options, the garson can blend in harmoniously with any look.