Cutting with hot scissors
Many lounges offer hot scissors for therapeutic cutting. Most women have already tried it out: some consider it to be an effective way to deal with split ends, while others do not appreciate the advantages of the procedure.
What is a thermal haircut
The first mention of the use of hot scissors dates back to ancient Egypt. Queen Cleopatra, who was famous for her magnificent thick hair, ordered them to be cut with scissors heated on fire.
The procedure is to cut the hair with hot-blade scissors. It is a special instrument that connects to the power grid and heats up to a temperature of 80 to 150 ° C. When cutting hair, the cut is sealed. As a result, more nutrients and moisture are left inside the hair shaft – the hair is no longer crossed at the ends.
At what problems the procedure helps
Hot shearing can be done as a preventive measure and to solve specific problems.
Testimony to do so:
- Dry, split and damaged hair tips.
- Hair confusion.
- Protruding hair.
The procedure is often done after staining, clarification and permutation. It is primarily recommended for long hair owners. In order to give hair a well-groomed and healthy look, thermo-cutting is combined with lamination, keratin straightening and shielding.
Hair type recommendations:
The procedure is suitable for all hair types and structures: straight, wavy, curly, thin, hard. Depending on the type of hair, it is necessary to consider the temperature of the scissors’ heating:
- If you have fine, dry and porous hair, the temperature should not exceed 110 degrees.
- For normal hair suitable temperature mode 120-130 degrees.
- Thick and hard curls cut at temperatures up to 150 degrees.
- For cutting badly damaged hair, the scissors heat up to 80-110 degrees.
What are hot scissors
The tool looks like a normal hairdresser’s scissors with one difference: it is connected to the mains using a power adapter. The kit can also include a temperature regulator, scissors and a razor, which also work from the network.
There are stationary and mobile devices. The temperature range of most scissors is 80-150 degrees. Mobile and stationary systems have different operating principles. Mobile shears heat up both cutting blades, while stationary shears heat up only one. Handles in both cases are covered with thermally insulating material – this eliminates the possibility of burns.
Pros and cons of the procedure
- When cutting with hot scissors, the hair becomes healthier: the cross-section of the tips is reduced, the dullness and fragility disappear.
- After “sealing” the hair shaft retains moisture and nutrients. Hair begins to grow faster, becoming elastic and smooth.
- Does not damage the hair, as the temperature of the scissors relative to its rod is safe.
- The procedure is safe and does not cause burns, as only the cutting surface of the instrument is heated up.
- After cutting, it is easier to do styling, and the hairstyle gets a clearer contour and shape.
- Regular treatment reduces hair loss.
- Has a high cost.
- To achieve a pronounced effect, you will have to do at least 2-3 procedures.
- The effect of hot shearing lasts about a month.
- Depending on the length and thickness of the hair, the cutting process takes from 1.5 to 3 hours.
- The final result depends on the professionalism of the hairdresser.
- Within a month after the procedure it is undesirable to get your hair cut with a pair of scissors, as the result of the thermo-cutting will be lost.
Difference of hot shearing from polishing, hot razor and fire treatment
In addition to thermocutting, there are other procedures that give hair smoothness and eliminate damaged ends.
Unlike hot shearing, polishing does not seal the ends of your hair. For the procedure, a special machine is used, which cuts all cut ends, even with the shortest hair.
Cutting with a hot razor differs from scissors in that in the first case the master can use only two techniques – flagella and sliding cut (slicing). The use of hot scissors allows you to resort to other techniques – for example, straight cut, etc.
Pyrophoresis (hair treatment with fire) also allows to get rid of hair cross-section and to improve it. But in contrast to hot shearing, pyroforesis involves processing strands along their entire length, not just sealing them on the tips.
Also, when treating the hair with fire, oils are applied to the hair for additional treatment and nutrition. The procedure is very expensive.
The choice of a suitable procedure is purely individual. It is necessary to take into account the type and general condition of hair, as well as the amount of money that you are willing to spend on hair improvement.
If you want to get rid of the sliced ends and make your hair smooth and supple, you should pay attention to cutting with hot scissors. The combination of cosmetic and therapeutic effects makes this procedure a great helper for solving a number of hair problems.